Why do website owners are so mad behind the word ‘SEO’/’SMM’? It’s not a magical spell that simply gets them what they want. Or does it?
Deep was an enthusiastic engineering student who was always fascinated by the digital marketing trends buzzing around each nook and corners of the internet. Every great website that ranked on the Google rankings had something in common. And that was the part which intrigued his mind.
Why did certain website contents among 100 options always ranked on the 1st page, where other alternative contents also had similar meanings? This curiosity made him unfold sheaths of mysteries, which for him was a mesmerizing discovery. But, what was it that made some websites so much popular? What was the secret that Deep found out to be?
Let’s uncover these facts and secrets in our following blog post regarding SEO vs. SMM: Why you need both for a successful strategy?
In the conventional era, Google relied heavily on keywords only for indexing its searches. It made an algorithm that scrapped the vast internet ocean for catching the relevant search and indexed them as relevancy. Among these search results, Google ranked them according to the algorithm match results, ranking the best match at the top in the search engine. These top websites used a parameter to get that bright spot, which we call as SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): Indexing contents according to their search relevancy is one of the best features of Google algorithm. They release a list of dependant parameters (around 200+) according to which their search algorithms work and rank content.
So Deep thought that why not simply get a hold on these parameters and just create content accordingly. Such simple stuff, huh?
Umm, maybe. Or probably not.
Yes, it’s true that if you create content according to those parameters, you can rank easily. But the bummer is that Google does not release these algorithms in public; hence it is not disclosed to any of the website users. So how does SEO work then?
We don’t know the exact figures of the parameters necessary to rank. But we know an approximate value, and it is found by the hit and trial method. You need to keep experimenting with different values and check the rankings. Based on these experiments, we came to a rough conclusion about some of these values of the important parameter, which is discussed below:
The part of the experiment which has to be performed on the website, and you can directly control it. The elements included in it are:
- URL Structure: Turning permalinks on is a plus point. URLs are made in such a way that it contains the primary keyword, along with the full title of the web content. The pathways should be easily recognizable for Google search algorithms to maintain the hierarchy of your website.
- Title Tags: These are the title of your webpage contents. Incorporating primary keywords at the beginning is a recommended way for SEO. And make the title catchy; otherwise, we wouldn’t even care to look at your blogs.
- Headings: Divide the content in different headings targeting the primary keyword for that section. It helps Google to check the hierarchy of the page.
- Load Time: No one wants to wait when they have thousands of alternative options. It’s better to remove unnecessary heavy videos or images which expand the load time of your page. Faster loading ensures a seamless web experience.
- Images with ALT Tag: Images are a great way to attract someone’s attention. And even better is the fact that it also helps in SEO. Just put up an appropriate keyword title for the image, and you are ready to go.
- Internal Linking: One of the fundamentals of seamless user experience UX is internal linking. Make a table of content or link another blog of yours. It helps in accelerated movement among pages and convenience for the users.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are one of the fundamental principles for gaining huge traction among other competitor websites. Although it is a bit time consuming and relatively harder than it’s on-page SEO tactics counterparts, it is certainly worth the time and investments (if applicable). It gives your site a link from other popular websites and helps Google establish a sense of the dominance of your website.
But it’s not easy to get. Hire any best SEO company in India for the same.
Nowadays, BINOD got famous. Where? Youtube.
Netflix and Zomato are tongue-twisting each other. Where? Twitter
You use most of your time. Where? Whatsapp. It’s always a better option to build and promote your user base and services on social media. Just make sure to make intriguing marketing content. Lame simple posts won’t work. Why don’t you hire any marketing agency in India for the work?
Social Bookmarking: Establish your website’s name and reputation in common user forums such as Quora, Reddit, Digg, for getting passive user traffic.
So, pretty much off-page SEO is something far out of your direct control, and it helps Google know how users perceive your website. And it is a good option to get professional help in terms of SEO services in India.
We covered many of the important SEO parameters and still have a huge number to go. But then you wouldn’t be interested in reading such a long post. Let’s check what Deep found as in the SMM bucket?
SMM (Social Media Marketing):
The way you market your business and allied services in social media comes under SMM.
No, it’s not exactly B I N O D type of thing. But something similar.
Marketing uses a basic inverted funnel to get users to take any action. It usually begins by providing the user with information about the product or service. Social media are used for a similar thing. To grab user’s attention in an as short post as possible and take them to your website where they can discover things. It starts with creating an account and displaying your business products and services. Now, the main work starts here is to engage customers. Polls, memes, audio-visual contents, videos, series, etc. are used for the same. You must have seen actors advertising a product/ series in between the web series on YouTube. These are all part of an effective SMM campaign.
Deep started sharing very good and attractive social media posts. The number of likes and appreciation he got was quite huge. But was it enough for successful campaigning?
While initially, we might think that the more the number of user engagement characteristics, the better is the chances for lead conversion. And here I will burst your bubble that it is not true. Simply, being on social media and getting a high number of likes is not the surety for lead conversion. It requires an effective CTA button. Make the users take any decision. It could be as simple and effective as sharing your post with relevant people. These effective tasks will only help you in successful lead conversion. Take social media as a crowd, where you have access to millions, but what a real SMM does is that it chooses relevant target groups and makes them make a decision. Just like you were eager to know Deep’s secret.
Before you begin with SEO and SMM, it’s better to consult any SEO service. Just take your phone and type ‘SEO agency near me‘ and you’ll get lots of results.
But this time, you know a bit more than yesterday about how this search result works. And that’s the secret.