Who doesn’t want their social media content to crawl up the search engine and shout from the top?
But what does it take to build your social media from scratch and highlight them properly among the endless ocean of contents on social media? The social media algorithms are the technical tools that are entrusted with the duty of analyzing contents, sorting them out according to their type, and pushing them to the relevant audience. Hence they are the controller who governs how any piece of social media content will perform on that platform.
Before jumping on the train, it’s essential to know about the engine and how it works. Algorithms are a trendy word in developing the 21st century and the love of every willing CS student. Algorithms are a set of instructions which makes a flow of how things are gonna’ work in any given environment. Suppose I tell you to make tea for me. So the next thing you’re going to say is Go to Hell. Yeah, I know that.
But jokes apart, your first step would be to take any utensils and pour water and milk in it. Then you would boil it. Afterward, you’re going to put in the ingredients and let it boil. These are a general set of the process required in order to serve me a tea. In other words, you are performing a fixed set of actions in a particular order to complete the task. Algorithms are also the same. Get help from some of the best digital marketers in India for boosting your campaign.
When you pour in your social media content in any platform, what happens is that the social media algorithms take hold of your content and process them in a predefined way to index them and show them to the relevant audience or your target group. Suppose you somehow get a hands-on algorithm that tells you how to successfully manage and make your content highly relevant and engaging for customers. Then it would be a jackpot as you can easily follow the instructions and manage to cover most of the social media population in a go. And that’s why the social media organizations don’t publish any exact handbook of how the algorithm works so to play fair and give an equal chance to each of their users without being biased. Being a master digital marketer, we would like to help you with some of the secrets of these social media algorithms based on our continuous experiments and implementation.
Types Of Social Media Algorithms
Social media platforms are independent entities and have their own set of algorithms that they employ to analyze your content. It’s better to know which platform would be the most suitable for you based on your requirements and the target group. The major key platforms would be covered here. You can check the different algorithms and figure out a suitable candidate for you.
Facebook: The social media giant, which is one of the largest sharks in the sea, works mostly by pushing relevant user engaging, social, and familial posts. Remember, it’s a social media site that helps the world know about you and your life, and hence the business posts may not be a suitable post on this platform. Take an SEO agency in India for your help.
Even if you try the paid advertisements campaign by Facebook, it still will rank engaging user content first, which is relevant to the people. It also works tirelessly in spam detection and has removed more than 500 million false accounts as of 2019.
Pinterest: They heavily use ML to transcend their viewer’s experience by showing them relevant content that they might have searched before. It’s a very useful strategy to keep the user’s curiosity at peak by targeting previously search-related content that is similar to copies of previously collected data. The search media algorithms make it more likely for the audience to enjoy and consume the contents.
LinkedIn: If your motive is for networking in the B2B domain, then LinkedIn is the site for you. Established with a vision to help job seekers by networking & branding, this platform is a suitable place for your business demonstration. You can connect with relevant industry professionals, and after that, LinkedIn shows you the relevant industry and their contents that you can use. Share relevant content and start connecting and engaging with your target groups and audience.
Twitter: Based on user and time basis, the contents are ranked, keeping in mind the influencers. Tweet! Tweet
Ways To Optimize Your Media Content For Any Social Media Platform
- Make Short Creative Videos: Videos are the best form of content to get in your viewer’s heart. Compared to a different type of content form, videos have proved to be a more effective way of communicating your ideas and connecting with people. Start creating short videos around your business subject and post them on time, along with links in the description.
Facebook has a similar unique live video feature, which can be used to shoot live videos and take live comments and suggestions in the chat window, entertaining the audience. After the live video session, the video is kept available on Facebook for later viewing. Plan and talk to any advertising company in India to get a helping hand.
- Create User Engaging Content: The more a user interacts with your content, the better it is going to perform in the analysis metrics. Social media algorithms favor engaging and interactive content as they seem to lure a lot of people on that post. Engaging contents are a much preferred way to increase brand awareness and loyalty. To have an even wider reach of the survey, you can give a small prize at the finale, which could be anything from a social media recognition to other offerings.
Interactive contents are sought to be user engaging and hence are preferred by the search media algorithms. Some of the forms of interactive contents include:
- Polls/ Surveys
- Live Interviews with direct chat window questions
- Q&A session
- UGC Content Sharing:
- User-generated contents are any contents that are created by other users who may be having a significant reputation or follower on the platform. By sharing these contents, you are having the attention of the user/ influencer and their followers/ contacts. It is an easy and effective marketing strategy to draw attention and make the users speculate and engage with the brand.
Remember to give full original credits to the owner and check the background of the content. Plagiarised contents can put your reputation on risk, and search algorithms can punish you for that.
- Talk & Write Back To Users: No brand can thrive in any competition without brand loyalty. It all comes from how you are making your customer feel. Engage with them in the comments section/ chat window and reply to their comments. Like them and take feedbacks or ask them what they liked in this post. It may make them feel wanted for, and you will retain customer loyalty.
Other customers will also be feeling good to see the brand interacting with the user and will have aaffirmative image of your organization. Why don’t you try any PR agency India?
- Establish News Dominance With Sneak Peeks: Become the boss of your field. People need an authoritative channel for relieving their curiosity about any particular field. Suppose you are working in the hospitality sector, then you can post new braking news about the relevant happenings in your industry. By establishing some never before seen contents, you can be an authoritative force in the industry which people will certainly look forwards to. Contact an SMO company in India to get better results.
- Invite & Ask: Businesses are not that stiff and rigid as it is painted. Getting help from a follower or a marketer just needs you to ask. Show your real face sometimes as people love to know the life behind these walls.
Social media algorithms play a pivotal role in centralizing and managing social media content and are evolving with time. It may be possible that the algorithm which ranks your content on top today might become obsolete in the near future while adopting newer parameters. Technology is a never-ending ocean; you need to dive deep and deeper to catch the biggest fish in that ocean. Experience is necessary before diving.